Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School!!



Today was the first day of school for my kids! I think they all had mixed feelings about going back. Clay started high school! Am I really old enough to have a child in high school?? (Yeah, I am lol) It was so strange for me to open the door and just let him walk out to the bus stop. I've driven him to school for the past 3 years and drove him to the bus stop in elementary school. It just felt so weird to let him go out into the world alone like that.

Shelby entered 7th grade so that wasn't anything different since 6th grade is middle school here. I know all of her teachers since Clay had them in 7th. I reassured them that she won't give them the pains Clay did LOL!

Madison is in 4th grade now! Wow, I can't believe after this year she will have just one more year of elementary school. Her teacher seems super nice and I've heard good things about her.

Here are some quick snaps to remember the day. It took some coaxing to get Clay to stand there for 15 seconds, but he humored me.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love these, Lisa. How awesome that you will have these going all the way through. My neighbor did that with her son and now that he's graduated, she framed them all for him (all in one frame, but matted, if that makes sense?).