Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I really think Valentine's Day has lost some meaning somewhere. It shouldn't be for presents and pressure to make the day perfect. For me, it is a day to stop and think about and appreciate your loved ones. I gave my children chocolates and visited a single friend this morning with an African Violet. (Side note, she is 46 and very pretty! ) Last night I had dinner with my amazing boyfriend and I made him some brownies. Time with him was all I wanted - although he insisted on an upcoming shopping trip so who am I to argue. ;-)

This afternoon I talked to my friend, Sheila. She is just one of the nicest people you could ever meet so I had to mention her here. We discussed something really special we are going to do together with our children and her husband. I adore both of them and love their children like my own. God definitely works through all 4 of them in such an amazing way! They never judge and always have the best advice and words for me. Thank you for your friendship, both of you - I hope you know how much it means to me.

So, use this day to reflect and show people around you just how much they mean to you.

Oh, and listen to some Natalie Grant - her voice is amazing and uplifting. "Held" is one of my favorite songs!

No comments: